Friday, May 30, 2014

Telling and finding a loyal friend other than just family

Bella said OK.  She took it well.

Lolli was like a fountain pouring rain just continuing to cry.  I took her aside and together we talked about Gods purpose for our lives and how we are always in His hands.  And that now we have to be strong for one another.  After we went through the pathology report she felt better.  So much energy was pouring from my heart working with my daughter through

After telling my daughters I still felt like telling as few people as possible.  I wish I had a lovely loyal friend just like Ruth that I could trust not to over burden me with words of pity.  

In the end I have found a lovely encouraging friend in a total newcomer in my life Vicky that shared this experience herself.

‘But Ruth said,
“Do not press me to leave you
or to turn back from following you!
Where you go, I will go;
Where you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people and your God my God.
Where you die, I will die
There I will be buried.
May the Lord do thus and so to me
And more as well
If even death parts me from you!”’
 


Ruth is a short version of 'retut', ‘lovely friend’

Ruth was a foreigner, an immigrant from Moab that married into a Jewish family. She became of great significance for all Christians in the lineage of Jesus – only four women are named in Mathew 1 2-17 and Ruth is one of them  Ruth, Orpah were that daughter in-laws of Naomi.  All three of them were widows.  Naomi that lived in Moab all this time with her family because of a famine decided o go back to her people in Bethlehem Both Ruth and Orpha was Moabites women they were the natural enemies of Israel.  When Naomi decided to go back to her people she stopped and encouraged the daughter in-laws to go back to their own families.  However Ruth a childless widow told Naomi that her people is her people and her God is her God and that she will follow Naomi.  It speaks of unfaltering loyalty of a friend.


 Ruth has a immigrant/ foreigner in Israel showed courage and ingenuity and this triumphed over her misfortune.  Ruth later followed the wisdom of her mother-in-law and caught the attention of a rich family member Boas and in the end Ruth celebrates family and her lineage became the great –grandmother of Israel’s great king David thus all the way to Christ.   This shows us clearly that a despised immigrant (Moabites) could move Gods plan to for full mint. 

Ruth and Naomi shared the same lowliness but they comforted one another and yet Naomi was a not selfish to keep Ruth to herself as a friend.  She also showed to be an unselfish loyal friend to Ruth she advised her how to go about to get the attention of a rich family member Boaz.
So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife. 

When they came together, the Lord made her conceive, and she bore a son. Then the women said to Naomi “Blessed be the Lord, who has not left you this day without next of kin. May his name be renowned in Israel! He shall be to you a restorer of life and nourishment for your old age. For your daughter-in-law who loves you, who is more to you than seven sons, has borne him”. 
Then Naomi took the child and laid him in her bosom, and became his nurse.’

During this fight for your life you will need to tell loyal, unselfish friends about your life changing event.  So that they as friends can stand in prayer with you and lift you up.  You will need a community that is genuine, loving and caring.  I suggest you seek out those friends.  I have just so far told my office people my children and one other newcomer that share this burden with me at work.

Isiah 41:13
For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment