Monday, June 9, 2014

Asenath - Fear …struck

Asenath - Fear …struck

Asenath means 'gift of the sun' or 'gift of the sun-god'

 Many times I am fear struck about all the unknowns of what is to come; the only thing I can compare all the feeling with is a huge roller coaster ride.  Some days I stand strong in faith and other days I am like in doubt in fear and see a gasket with my spirit floating above saying my goodbyes.   To keep my mind busy I started reading tangling and researching to help my soul and mind catch up with the physical reality.  I looked for breast cancer in the bible and I did not find it then I analyze my own heart again and it is fear and doubt that I face.   I then read about Asenath and aristocratic Egyptian women daughter of the priest of On.  On was a name for Heliopolis also known as the religious centre of the Son God Ra.  Asenath must have being educated women that grew up in a total different religious culture than Joseph (Jewish-faith).  She was have moved in high social circles and being wise.  The king gave her as wife to Joseph; she must have had fear and many doubts for the unknown.  She had to leave her own religion and culture behind and face the unknown. Certainly there was a certain amount of fear and doubt in a similar way. 

Genesis 41:45:  And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaph'enath-pane'ah; and he gave him in marriage As'enath, the daughter of Poti'phera

Genesis 41:
50 Before the year of famine came, Joseph had two sons, whom As'enath, the daughter of Poti'phera priest of On, bore to him. 51 Joseph called the name of the first-born Manas'seh, "For," he said, "God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father's house." 52 The name of the second he called E'phraim, "For God has made me fruitful in the land of my affliction."
Asenath had at least two children, sons called Manasseh 'God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father's house', and Ephraim 'God has made me fruitful in the land of my misfortunes'.Aenath name went down in Christian history since 

No comments:

Post a Comment