Monday, June 9, 2014

Why me? Eve asked

Why  ?  Eve asked?

At first Eve was called Ishah, 'woman'.
Later she became Eve, 'life-bearer'.
'So God created humankind in his image, In the image of God he created them;
Male and female he created them,God blessed them, and God said to them
'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.'
Read Genesis 1:1-31 and 2:1-4a
Eve was the first woman she was created and the creator created her perfectly into a perfect world .  Eve was the female ruler the Queen of the Garden of Eden created I the image of God.  Eve’s world was shattered because of disobedience.  Maybe I should be upset with Eve for destroying immortality and getting as through out of the Garden of Eden.  I am sure Eve many times asked herself the question Why? Why did she fail? Why did God allow her to fail? Why?  Yet God had a plan in it all and what seemed to be a fatal mistake for humanity became the story of salvation – life in Christ.    Maybe you failed like I did so clearly in my life so manyt times.  Yet God forgive and he does not down you or sentence you to death He has a plan for His glory with your life.  If Eve the mother of all mothers that knew God more intimately than any other women failed in her walk of God then certainly it could happen with you and me.  But have faith and be encouraged because he did not let go of Eve.

The American Cancer Society’s estimates for breast cancer in women in the United States for 2014 are:
  • About 232,570 new cases of invasive breast cancer
  • About 62,570 new cases of carcinoma in situ (CIS) of the breast will be found (CIS is non-invasive and is the earliest form of breast cancer).
  • About 40,000 deaths from breast cancer

The question that most frequently echoed I my head was “Why me?”  “Why did I get Cancer?” “Why not someone else?’  What did I do wrong that I am disciplined by God in this way?   So many questions and so few answers. ..Well if not me who then?  And this is not a wish that you wish on anyone not even your worst enemy.  So who then? Well I guess it is me.   Jesus is still my friend He is the one that takes your hand and walk it out with you. 
I Corithians 10: 12-13
12Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it

The answer to all the why is simply why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment